Flight Dispatcher (m/w/d)
DHL Air Austria GmbH will be a new DHL Airline to serve the European DHL Express Network based in Vienna, Austria. DHL Air Austria GmbH is currently submitting the relevant applications to the Austrian authorities and is striving to unfold operations by end of this year. The company will take over a fleet of Boeing 757F- freighters from DHL Air UK whereas DHL Air UK will increase its focus on intercontinental operations.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The main task involves providing flight plans for aircrafts and flight crews, assisting (external) flight crews with flight briefings, monitoring the weather conditions and airspace restrictions in all NOTAMs and pertinent airports.
- Monitor and analyze weather, NOTAMs, technical information, network schedule and Air Traffic Control (ATC) data to ensure safe operations and compliance with Airline specific SOP's.
- Provide flight planning for all aircraft & flight crew
- Develop alternative actions / contingencies and communicate to impacted areas & departments.
- Re-plan and negotiate in the interest of the network schedule to be performed with the objective to achieve best on-time performance
- Submit flight plans to Air Traffic Control (ATC), assure flight plan acceptance and monitor reception of ATC Slots.
- Determine fuel load to be carried and place fuel order.
- Ensure effective communication between dispatch, flight crews on ground & inflight, 3rd party Operators & DHL network management.
- Compile and analyze data related to the dispatch function, and prepare reports as required.
- Coordinate ad-hoc over flight and landing authorizations, ad-hoc airport slots and ancillary services when operationally required (handling svc, catering).
- Build and maintain a good relationship with DHL Network control centers (EUNCC, INCC,…)
- Maintain close liaison with the MOC engineering staff regarding any engineering problems that have an immediate effect on the next 24 hours operations with respect to day to day aircraft maintenance and unserviceability’s.
Profil & Requirements
- Completed degree program or many years of relevant professional work experience (preferable with aviation background)
- Dispatcher license holder (LBA, FAA, or equivalent) with a background in commercial flight operations
- Knowledge of navigation, meteorology, flight planning, air traffic control, aviation regulations, and commercial aviation
- LIDO knowledge is seen as a plus
- Very good knowledge of English and German
- Ability to work in a 24/7 shift pattern
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team, competent in analysis and decision-making
- Excellent prioritization and coordination skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem-solving capability