SAFETY PILOT (M/F/D) DHL AIR AUSTRIA GMBH (DHA)
Would you like to become part of the most international company in the world? A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide?
And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet. Do you want to make a difference?
Then join our DHL Air team and become one of our Safety Pilots on our fleet of Boeing 757 aircraft.
DHL Air Austria GmbH (DHA) is a new cargo airline founded in 2021, a subsidiary of deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group. The prime focus of the airline is to support the EU network with a fleet of Boeing 757 aircraft.
The airline will be headquartered in Vienna, Austria, and maintain a crew base in Leipzig, Germany, delivering our customer promise of Excellence. Simply Delivered.
The Safety Pilot is responsible to the Director Safety Management and provides support as a member of the Safety department on all flight safety matters including assisting on tasks related to the Safety Management System, Risk Assessment, FDM and in the coordination of accident and incident investigation and subsequent follow up.
You promote the goals and principles of the Safety Management System (SMS) throughout the company and foster a climate of trust and a positive safety culture within the DHA pilot community.
You will be an active member of our flight crew who supports our SMS through taking on this role with a 50/50 split of line flying and Safety Department responsibilities.
- Promote the safety management system and fatigue risk management system throughout DHA
- Providing advice and support to line managers so that they can fulfil their safety responsibilities
- Attendance at relevant quarterly Safety Action Group (SAG) meetings
- Researching and undertaking statistical analysis of operational FDM data, occurrence report data, potentially hazardous conditions and adverse trends that need to be reported to the departmental Safety Action Groups and / or Safety Review Board
- Liaising with, de-briefing and providing feedback to flight crew on the outcome of investigations into accidents, incidents and occurrence reports as well as operational FDM events in accordance with the company’s just culture protocol
- Acting as a point of contact for flight crew on flight safety matters as appropriate
- Performing analysis of operational FDM related data including performing risk analysis of events
- Undertake FDM related project work including the production of FDM crew statistics
- Carrying out and assisting in safety department investigations into accidents, incidents and hazardous occurrences including the writing of reports and making of recommendations to prevent a re-occurrence
- Develop and deliver safety related inductions and recurrent training
- Regularly monitoring and reviewing Air Safety Reports and other operators' occurrences reports where applicable, and assisting to identify trends adversely affecting flight safety
- Following up corrective action responsibilities and time frames
- Ensure confidentiality of FDM data Arrange for the company-wide exchange of information on accidents and incidents
- Produce a summary of fleet related Air Safety Reports with specific emphasis on adverse trends affecting the fleet
- Keep the occurrence reporting database up to date
- Maintain familiarity with relevant Austrian and international air legislation and agreed aviation practices and procedures
- Active duty as a Commander or First Officer on Boeing 757/767 aircraft
- Minimum of 3 years aviation industry experience
- Have an enthusiasm for flight safety and data analysis
- Able to show initiative and be adaptable
- Demonstrate a clear sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Team player with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and according to strict deadlines
- Possess a solution driven, analytical and structured mindset
- Excellent oral & written communication skills in German and English language
- Computer literate and knowledge in MS Office applications
- Pro-active, organised and able to manage / prioritise work load
- Ability to build strong working relationships with other departments within the airline as well as being confident in dealing with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong career in an international environment
- Great culture and colleagues
- Home Base Leipzig / Vienna
We remunerate your performance with a minimum of 3500,00 € (First Officer) or 7000,00 € (Captain) per month (any allowances are compensated on top). We offer an overpayment in accordance with your previous work experience and qualifications.
Do you see a personal challenge in these versatile and responsible tasks? Then apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application until 06. September 2021